The Society of the Descendants of the Founders of Hartford is a charitable and educational society organized in
1931. Among its purposes are:
- To foster literary, cultural, historical and other research aimed at strengthening the public understanding of
the history and traditions of the City of Hartford;
- To celebrate appropriate anniversaries in the history of the City;
- To erect appropriate memorials in public places to commemorate the founding of the City;
- To promote the widest possible public interest in the history of Hartford;
- And to make grants to other organizations in support of the above.
For information about membership go to the Membership button.
There are more than 500 living members, in almost every state and in several foreign countries. We meet once a year
in Hartford for the annual Court and Dinner, which features a guest speaker and the introduction of new members.
To view the newsletters you need Adobe's Acrobat Reader software installed on your computer. If you don't have it,
you can click here and download it for free.
Founders News Spring 2012
Founders News November 2011
Founders News March 2011
Founders News October 2010
Founders News March 2010
Founders News March 2009
Founders News November 2008
Founders News March 2008
Founders News March 2007
Founders News March 2006
Founders News March 2005
Founders News March 2001
Founders News April 2000